‘Warts ‘N’ All at Astley Hall’
The man who banished Christmas is coming to Astley Hall, Chorley.
after an absence of 450 years.
- Warts ‘n’ All – The Alternative History of Oliver Cromwell unveils within the fabulous main hall before touring throughout the rest of the year.
- History reflects a pious Puritan who signed the death warrant of an English King, Charles 1. How-ever Cromwell is more complex, more human than the stereotype.
- Dean Taylor plays Cromwell in his one-man production. Dean’s professional production company, based in Preston, is no stranger to Astley Hall and Chorley audiences at large. “I learnt my trade as a member of C.A.D.O.S for 15 years, some excellent players and directors. Later it became my pleasure to bring our outdoor Shakespeare Company to Chorley within the grounds of Astley Hall.
- Dennis Crompton who lives within a cannon-balls flight of the Hall.
“It’s the appropriate starting point for this piece” says Dennis. “Cromwell’s relationship with the Hall is well documented. There is a portrait of him on the staircase and a pair of his boots remain.”
- The treatment of ‘Warts ‘n’ All’ is light, chatty, candid and crammed with little known facts. Cromwell is no apologist – he feels he has nothing to apologise for.
- The Premier: Saturday 24th June 2017 at 7pm.
- £10 (Seating is limited.)
- Wine and Refreshments: Served in the Tudor Kitchen.
- Parking Free: Disabled access provided.
- To Book: Box Office: 01772 466 256 (Debit/Credit card payments available.)
On the Door: £10 cash if available.